Thursday, March 1, 2007

Day Four

I'm thinking I need to come up with a better headline for each day..something more enticing than Day #X. That's kinda boring isn't it? I'll fix it tomorrow.

Remember how exhausted I was yesterday? I was amazed to find I was perky and alert this morning...even before my usual 2 cups of coffee. Today was yet another amazing day with remarkable breakthroughs and insights. I won't go into great detail on that side of things (you'll just have to wait for the course! How's that for a pre-plug?!) but I will give you the low-down on my tasks.

Here's how I spent my day:

  • sent out an email to 5,000 people.
  • downloaded Filezilla (very useful - I can now upload documents and they can be shared by the team. As a result, things will be more organized and won't be laying around in my Inbox folder. They will be archived however...always have back-ups and preferably back-ups of your backups).
  • wrote questions and templates for 5 press releases
  • finished 2 of those press releases (waiting on input from others for the remaining 3)
  • wrote new headline/blurb for Sitehunt.com
  • listened to call with Mark again for copy revisions and deeper insights
  • wrote blog entry
  • wrote handwriting assignment
  • started documented procedures
  • mulling over compensation options (currently thinking on this)
  • organized files (still plenty more to do)
  • wrote up-to-date receipts for all Prosperity Jars
  • mulling over job description and department (again thinking..have a little bit written down)

It was quite a day! I'm always surprised at much energy I have for these projects. It doesn't feel like a "job". It just feels like what my day revolves around. Maybe it's because this has helped me to change my mindset, my outlook and my perceptions. It is not a conventional "job" in that you go to an office and then you leave your "work" behind at 5pm. It filters into all the areas of my life and it feels so much more rewarding than anything else I've done.

Saying that I'm excited to see where this will go doesn't completely convey my outlook but at least it gives you the impression that I am having fun! And I am. :) I'm usually pretty tired at the end of the day but each day is so valuable and rewarding in its own right. There's nothing I like more than going to bed tired but happy at the end of every day. It's nice to feel that the previous 24 hours enhanced my life. I wasn't just existing, I was really living. It's a feeling like nothing else in the world!

Til tomorrow,

Lara

No comments: