Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Day Three

For some reason I am exhausted today. Not sure why but I'm wiped out. I spent the majority of my day writing a press release. That seemed to take a lot out of me. I also revised two bonus boxes and jotted notes to fix two other pieces of copy.

We're in Day 3 of our $30,000 in 30 days push. I'm doing my best to stay on top of my tasks and keep things moving. I don't want to hold up the process!

But how exciting would that be?! $30,000 in 30 days??! It would be the most incredible thing I've ever been a part of. I think the apprenticeship program is the most incredible thing I've been a part of so far. I believe each day will be more and more amazing. And I hold on to that belief and it gets me through the exhaustion, the fear and the occasional (and ever decreasing) doubts.

I also did my Prosperity Jars. I took my recent bonus and gave 55% to my necessities. I gave 10% to my financial freedom fund, 10% to my play jar, 10% to my education, 5% to my long-term savings (just one CD right now), 5% to my emergency stash (my savings account..one of my few healthy money funds) and 5% to my give jar.

I'm really excited to give that money to someone AND to spend that play money! I have considered keeping it in there for up to 3 months but I haven't played in awhile. I want to take it out and do something fun for myself. Who would've thought $10 would be fun?!! It's amazing how it changes your perspective. But I earned that $10, I allowed it into my life and now I am allowing myself to have fun with it.

As soon as you begin embracing that idea and the feeling behind it, something switches. It becomes easier to see money. It becomes easier to find it. I literally feel like my bank account stretches farther. It comforts me. I don't worry about how I will pay my bills, I just ask for it and it arrives. It's as simple as believing.

Most people say it's hard to believe, it's hard to have faith. I was one of them until a few weeks ago. I was laying in bed worrying about money, about love, blah blah blah. And a light bulb illuminated my mind and I thought "This is so hard. Why am I worrying? Why am I doubting? It's so much easier to just believe."

And it is. It's more peaceful, it's more calming and it's just plain old easier. And once that happens, once you feel that and you know it, it becomes easier to just believe. Of course I still have negative thoughts but it's easier to turn them around and to refocus that energy.

The mind is our most powerful asset and I've only begun to harness mine. The possibilities are endless and exciting!

Til tomorrow,

Lara

No comments: