Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day Two

Each day is a new experience. And each day I feel that "uncomfortable" feeling til I push through. Action alleviates so much of that feeling. But every day it is up to me to continue that action. And today I continued.

Today I had a few tasks to accomplish. I sent out an email with a new headline; I'm still awaiting the results. I also revised an upsell (it's the "Do you want fries with that?" technique), an upsell on a downsell (when someone declines your first offer you downsell them the same product minus a few bonuses or other perks. When they accept the downsell, you offer an upsell. Hence it's called the upsell on a downsell) and an autoresponder email (emails that automatically go out to your database).

I've spent most of the days listening and relistening to calls. There's a lot of copy going into this project and I have to track it and write anything we don't have yet. It has been a battle to get up to speed on what everyone else had done to this point. It does get easier each day because I build on my notes from the previous day.

There are certainly times I doubt myself. I don't doubt this project just myself sometimes. But I decide to continue because there isn't much else I want to do. And I also remember something Mark and I talked about. When you feel yourself getting towards the final reaches of your comfort zone things will feel uncomfortable. Sometimes my stomach hurts, sometimes my head hurts and I know it's because I'm stretching myself. And as Mark said unless you continue to push through that feeling to the next level you'll keep hitting that same wall.

It's true. I can feel and I can see the changes in my life. I see the changes in my disposition, in my interactions with others and in my thoughts. Even my personal life has been affected and it's been incredibly positive.

I really am thankful for this opportunity and I'm thankful I've put myself in a position to take advantage of it.

It's been very interesting to see all the puzzle pieces of this project fit together. It's just a fascinating experience! And I'm thrilled to share it with you. Thank you for joining me.

So on to more recorded calls. :)

Til tomorrow,

Lara

No comments: