Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Light At The End Of The Tunnel

We're in the home stretch...30 more days in the apprenticeship program. I get a bit fascinated when I think about how I've progressed, the changes we've made and the copy we've created. It is probably the hardest thing I've ever done...which tells me it's the BEST thing I've ever done.

I didn't have much when I started this program. I was halfway through my 30th year on this planet, I've moved between 6 different jobs/companies in 6 years. I had some money saved but my monthly income fluctuated quite a bit and I wasn't getting any new writing clients.

I felt unsure of my next step. The one thing I knew was that I wanted to be a copywriter. Frankly I had no idea how I was going to make that happen but I knew it had to happen.

My only other option was to join the Peace Corps and live in a Third World country. As much as I love to help others I also like my creature comforts so that wasn't my most favored option. Basically it was this or nothing. No, there wasn't even a nothing option. It was just this program, this moment, this person (me).

So it came to be and I latched onto this chance, this hope, this vision. Here I am today. A different woman. Truly I believe I am becoming the woman I am meant to be.

Truthfully? I'm glad no one told me just how tough parts of this were going to be. I have felt beat up this week but as I said in my post yesterday, I'm learning to let go. To simply be in the present moment, acknowledge the feeling and let it pass. Sounds a helluva lot easier than it is!

But that is where I am and soon it will happen with no effort.

Today was a step closer to that. We wrapped up our 7 sequential emails and oh my are they good! I'm quite tickled that I wrote them. I'm proud. It was a big learning curve as evidenced by the 12 hours I spent writing them.

But the next set of emails will come easier and with one or two more repetitions they will flow like a gentle stream.

It's interesting when you tap into that present state of being and you work on a task. It stops being work. Work is "hard" for most people or at least society tells us it should be. When you're consciously in tune with this very moment there is no "hard". It takes some effort of course... but the effort is like softly petting your cat. That's the kind of effort I like!!

Other efforts I made today
  • email to Listdotcom.com
  • emailed apprentices
  • listened to yesterday's calls (still a bit painful...am letting that go!)
  • blog
  • handwriting
Now I am off to read some more "Hypnotic Writing" before my Holosync bedtime ritual. LOVE using my Holosync before I sleep by the way...I have the most lucid dreams. It's incredible!

Til tomorrow...

No comments: