Saturday, April 7, 2007

Weekend Update

I used to love Kevin Neilen's Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live. Just thought I'd share that!

There were a number of items I wanted to tackle today and I got to most of them. My goal was to wrap up as many of the highest priority tasks today as possible. Even if I couldn't complete them I would finish as much of the work as I could accomplish by myself. At least then the tasks would be ready when I received assistance. The only thing I didn't do today was my AdCenter ads. I'll have to finish them up tomorrow so we're ready to roll on Monday.

I set my goal today with the thought that tomorrow is Easter and I plan to spend as much of that in celebration. Easter and other non-Christmas holidays are sometimes a little sad for me. My family is back in Wisconsin and although I have friends here, it's still not the same as being with my family. My sister and brother will be with my mom and dad but I'll be here.

So on holidays when I'm in Colorado I make sure I enjoy the day as fully as I can! Typically I visit a friend in Fort Collins and spend the day with her family. We've known each other for almost 25 years I think so we have very close ties.

I haven't spoken to her so instead I'm going to church with a friend and then out for lunch. This is a new church. It's her spiritual home so I'm intrigued to see what it's like and how it feels for me. We've talked about having church & brunch together for the past 5 months and now we're finally making it happen!

She's a wonderful person and I very much enjoy talking with her. We share similar interests in the metaphysical/spiritual realm. In fact, she encouraged me to watch The Secret. It only took about 2 other signals from The Universe before I finally got the message and picked up my own copy. ;) She was the first beacon for me and several others followed until the light bulb finally lit up and I recognized this was a movie I was supposed to see.

That's another tangent I could continue on but I won't because I'm sure you're dying to hear all about my girls night out! It was a lot of fun. We had some of our male friends serve us drinks and appetizers for a few hours. After they left, we all put on our PJs and painted our nails and told dating stories (some good, some not so good).

It was so nice to spend time with a group of women and just generally enjoy the company!
I can tell I'm getting old though...we were all asleep by 1am!!!! Not that I mind. I always hated going to sleepovers because I would get tired but could never fall asleep if other people were awake and talking. So there are definite advantages to spending time with married women/women who are mothers!

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm quite sleepy for some reason. We've had awful weather for the past 48 hours and I've done some treacherous mountain driving today. It was quite scary and I think it took a lot out of me!

Til tomorrow...

No comments: