Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just Another Day In Paradise

Cozumel is absolutely wonderful. I am having a fantastic time. This entire trip is fabulous. I feel incredible. I AM incredible! :)

This morning I signed up for my intro to scuba course and we went about our group training session. I simply could not get used to breathing under water. I simply couldn't do it and I gave my all. By my 12th attempt at sitting on the bottom of the pool (you have to go in the pool first), I was shaking from head to toe and crying. Yeah, crying.

It's the oddest feeling to breath underwater and my mind wouldn't accept it. Normally when I panic or feel uneasy, I take deep breaths to calm myself down and I find my center very easily and naturally. The problem today was that I didn't feel like I could breath! So instead of calming me, I panicked even more. It was not my finest hour but I did try (and yeah that's all I did was try. You know what trying is right? Failing with honor and I certainly did today).

So I've decided to just relax this afternoon and read by the ocean. I may give it another go on this trip but I'm not certain. I will definitely sign up for a scuba diving course because I CAN overcome this fear. I just don't seem to be there yet. And it's all mental, I know it. One day I will be a certified scuba diver. :)

And that's about all I've got for you. It's warm, sunny and the Caribbean breezes are blowing so it's time for me to sign off and enjoy paradise!

Be well,

Lara

No comments: