Monday, April 30, 2007

A Three Hour Tour

Today we rented scooters and drove around the island to see something other than our resort and beachfront. What a gorgeous glorious place we're in! It's incredible, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I feel so blessed to be here.

Yesterday I was retelling my scuba story to some of the people in my group when another group of folks joined us. They are from the Bellingham, Washington area and are professional divers (some are pros, some are recreational I should say). A few of the men were telling me they had similar experiences when they began diving and that I should definitely try again when I have more one on one attention so I can take my time getting accustomed to the underwater breathing thing.

Well one of the men and I began talking on our own and eventually we got to talking shop (business). It turns out his business is very much in need of some press releases (and more PR). He donates some of his work to charities and does great things for them. That is the absolute perfect story for a press release.

So of course we exchanged information and continued talking about other stuff. Eventually we made plans to meet up today and rent bicycles to check out the real Cozumel. We planned to meet in the lobby at 3pm.

Today I arranged my scootering around the 3pm bike ride. I arrived back at the hotel around 3:15pm, a few minutes late because we took a wrong turn on our mopeds. He was nowhere to be found and I have not seen him since.

I'm sure he'll pop up again before the week is over and if all else fails, I have his business card so I can be in touch.

I did find it fun to talk to him and get to know his business, his family, etc. It's so great meeting so many wonderful people and finding ways to help them! Whoever thought I'd get paid for it?! I love it!

Now I'm off to dinner. I'm feeling a little under the weather so this post is very brief.

See you soon!

Lara

No comments: