Friday, May 25, 2007

Decision Time

Well we've come to a crossroads of sorts. This month hasn't produced the results I needed. We've definitely made progress which has been wonderful and I'm thankful for that. Now it's time to make a decision.

It's been a tough call for me. I've felt as though I've failed because this wasn't my vision. My vision was to be fully and gainfully self-employed by June 1st. Because I became attached to that vision I've caused myself some misery the last few days. So instead of being down on myself, I'm choosing to see this as a hurdle. Choosing to work for someone else full-time is simply a new path to follow that will one day lead to bigger and better things.

In the mean time it will keep a roof over my head.

Honestly many copywriters work for other people as employees before going out on their own. The greats like Clayton Makepeace, John Carlton, etc. Who am I to argue with their paths?! If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

Keep your fingers crossed for me - I've got about 30 (ish) days to find a job and get a new place to live. Lots of possibilities and opportunities but somewhat stressful.

Which means it's time to focus on what I'm thankful for and what I appreciate in my life because gratitude helps me keep things in perspective.

Today I choose to be thankful for the day, for my willingness to explore possibilities and options, for my family, friends and loved ones, for bright, beautiful skies, for love, peace and joy, for all the wonderful people in my life who are here to help and guide me, for every challenge and hurdle I face because as Napoleon Hill once said: Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed on an equal or greater benefit.

Isn't that a wonderful quote to remember? I'm thankful for that quote! And for Hill's priceless book "Think and Grow Rich". I'm so grateful for the teachers in my life in all their forms and influences. I'm also grateful for the optimism I find in wondering what lies ahead. Even though events may not unfold exactly as I had hoped for there is always education in every experience.

And so I am off to enjoy the day in all its splendor! I hope you will do the same.

Create a nice day,

Lara

No comments: