Monday, June 11, 2007

When Is It Too Much?

Today I realized I have a tendency (strong tendency) to push hard when I'm worried about something. All that pushing stems from my lack of trust and now that I recognize my habit, I can fix it.

And therein lies my next hurdle: when am I pushing too much? And how much is enough?

I'm still figuring that out but I understand when I feel anxious, overwhelmed or scared...that's when it's time to let go.

I did my best today and I'll keep reaching and improving.

On top of that internal struggle, I spent today contacting ad agencies, following up with specific people from those agencies and arranging meetings. I don't have any solid leads but I'm confident something will come through soon.

My next worry was whether or not to simply move to a better market. I have to make up my mind on this one and then commit to it. I just haven't gotten to that point yet.

Ideally I would be offered a full-time copywriting position either here or in Chicago while I'm still living in Denver. I'd be happy to move to Chicago...it's a great city and closer to my family. I'm confident I can relocate and reestablish myself fairly easily so I'm open to that.

However I don't like the idea of packing up and moving across the country without a job secured in the new city. I wonder if it's enough to simply state my intention of landing a full-time copywriting job here in Denver or in Chicago? Is that too many options for the Universe? Will I end up with nothing if I don't get more specific? Or will I be overwhelmed with choices??

That's just an explain of what goes on in my head when I think too much. But I do know this: it feels good to simply say I will take a copywriting job either in Denver or in Chicago so I think I'm sticking with that right now.

It's all right to re-evaluate too so I'll keep that in mind as time passes. I'm talking to a few people with 15 - 20+ years experience in ad agency biz so they should have insight as well.

Wish me luck - it's getting interesting!

Create a nice day,

Lara

No comments: