Saturday, June 9, 2007

Weekend Update

The last two days have been a whirlwind of networking, social engagements and settling back into my house (for the next 3 weeks til I'm kicked out).

Last night I met with a local ad agency guy who shared his thoughts on great agencies around here and the not so great ones as well. It turns out Denver is 23rd in the US in terms of agencies. 23rd. I think Chicago is probably 3rd. *sigh* At least I got the inside scoop on where to target my efforts and he gave me a few names.

I really want this to happen...or something better. I'm taking part in Joe's 30 day experiment and the end goal I'm concentrating on is landing a copywriting job with an agency. I didn't set a specific location so I'm open to relocation.

For the experiment all I needed to do was to get clear on the goal (preferably write it out in present tense) and then meditate on it for the next 30 days. And during the meditation I am to focus on feeling as though it has already happened and I am feeling the feelings associated with it. I should actually concentrate on how I feel now that I have the copywriting job at an ad agency.

It'll be fun because I think it will work. I've already done this once and we did manifest the goal although it didn't materialize in my bank account. It's a bit of a story but I do believe this works. I think it didn't fully materialize the first time because I had some internal blocks. I probably still do but they are lessening.

To that end I had an unusual experience last night while meditating. If you know anything about chakras, energy centers, etc you might be interested in what happened to me.

As I was in the final minutes of my one hour session I felt my first chakra open. The only way I can explain it is that it's like an internal fireball lights up and spreads through that area and into your body fully. It's pretty intense. In my mind I could actually see the energy spread through my body as it happened. Pretty cool!

That's it for me - I'm going to watch The Princess Bride and go to sleep. Tomorrow I'm windsurfing for the first time! That will be super fun. I'll share photos with you too. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Lara

No comments: