Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wow

That's one of the words I'd use to describe the past 2 days. Wow. Incredible. Amazing. Profound. Real. exciting. Exhilarating - however it's spelled. True, truth, awareness.

If you don't know, I've spent the last 2 days in Atlanta, GA attending James Arthur Ray's Harmonic Wealth Weekend.

The simple fact that I was even at this event is incredible. It cost me roughly one month's income/salary. That seemed unattainable to me earlier this year. I've been a fan of James since I saw him in The Secret. Within a few short months I promised myself I would invest in this weekend.

And I did. I made it happen. It seemed almost too big of an investment for me to make this happen.

I'm so thrilled I did. I'm even more excited to implement the things I learned.

What did I learn you might ask? Far too much for me to write here but I can give you a few of the points I took away from tonight. Tonight's discussion was about money. We played a game where we took out as much cash as we chose (based on how much we would invest in ourselves right then and there) and then we had to trade it with each other.

We literally had to give our money, our cash to other people and then the cash they gave us we had to give to another and so on. It was incredible.

You can imagine it created a lot of emotions in most people. I personally felt very uncomfortable giving away my cash. At no point did I enjoy that game. I knew it was a game, I knew it was a lesson and I knew it was something I needed to do and to learn.

So I did it.

After the game was over we discussed how we felt and after listening to others, I felt pretty guilty for getting upset that I gave away $31 and got $2 in return...especially when one person stood up and said he had given away over $300 back and hadn't gotten anywhere near that in return.

And then I realized I was beating myself up for that feeling and had to let it go.

It was very important to understand that exchange was a metaphor for life and our relationship with money coming into and through us to others. And money is just a thing, just energy, money is an idea.

It sounds simple but it's tough to grasp, at least it is for me.

In the act of realizing what money felt like for me and does feel, I see places that need work and that need paradigm shifts. They were there before but the game, my actions and my interpretations of the exercise brought them to the forefront.

And like AA tells us, the first step to recovery - I prefer healing and changing - is recognition.

So that's where my work begins.

That's just one SECTION of ONE day. Imagine what 2 full days were like???!!!! Incredible. You need to experience it yourself. And you can right here.

If you're in my area, you can check out James in February. He's coming back to our lovely home and he'll give you a free intro to his work. It's worth every minute of your time - and then some!

It's 12am, I've slept about 7 hours in 2 days and had 32 hours of immersion in those 2 days as well. Yes I know that doesn't add up to 48 hours but we had meals and other things in between sessions. :P

Stay tuned, tomorrow I'll tell you all about how I broke a SOLID board with one hand on my first try.

It's one heck of an accomplishment for my 5'1" tiny little self. :)

No comments: